Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Dukes of Hazzard Shirt



It was my son's birthday and him being a big fan of The Dukes of Hazzard, (the old TV show), I made him up a Dukes of Hazzard shirt.





I used Simplicity 5581 and a 1980's twin sized bed sheet for the fabric.


I used vintage snaps for the front closer and attempted my first fabric pattern matching with the pocket. I suppose the whole thing could have been a "pattern matching" project, but... I just wasn't feel'in it.


Where I made the shirt, dad made the cake. And what a cool "Yah-Hoooooo" cake it was! (Yah-hoooo is the main characters trade mark saying as they make the jump, in the show's intro, across a large stream.)


We then had some of our own driving experiences at the local Chuck E. Cheese's!


And even had some time to "rock out"!  All and all I'd say it was a fun birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment